Keyword SmithCo Supply Part Number Manufacturer Part Number
Start an exciting career in commercial refrigeration service and repair at SmithCo Supply!
Service Technicians will assist with the prescribed and routine maintenance, diagnosis and repair of commercial refrigeration equipment commonly installed and used in, but not limited to, the following: offices, restaurants, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. This is a full time field position.
* Display and maintain technical abilities as an expert with knowledge in commercial Refrigeration. These items include, but are not limited to: Walk-in freezers/refrigerators, Reach-in freezer/refrigerators, Air Conditioning units under 30 tons, ice machines, controls, electrical, rack systems, display cases, multi zone, and other equipment typically found in the Refrigeration industry.
* Ensure quality with pro-active maintenance activities by diagnosing advance equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency.
* Engage in continued education. This includes arranging ride-alongs for Maintenance Technicians every 30-60 days, attending vendor classes, attending pre-arranged classroom curriculum, and conducting pre-arranged classroom curriculum.
* Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
* Safety first. Safety is everyone's responsibility and will be displayed when driving company vehicles, conducting repairs, installing new equipment, and other potentially hazardous activities.
* Maintain personal hygiene, clean and presentable vehicles.
* 5 years experience in service and repair of commercial Refrigeration and/or Completed trade school training
* EPA licensed
* Clean driving record
* Ability to drive work truck and maneuver with trailer
* Available for work 8am-8pm and necessary overtime.
* On call every other weekend.
* Courteous Customer Service.
* Self motivated
* Willing to sign 5-Year Non Compete Clause
Hours of work:
* Monday -- Friday, availability 8am-6pm, overtime hours may be required or available.
* On call every other weekend.
* Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics
* 1-2 years similar experience and/or training in refrigeration equipment
* The ability to troubleshoot, repair, and perform performance maintenance on refrigeration equipment such as reach-in and walk-in boxes, Cooler display cases, Ice machines, salad tables, frozen beverage, beer systems etc. (Hot side repair experience welcome as well.)
* Experience with other refrigerants, brazing and soldering.
* Experience with sheet metal, gaskets, hardware and fixture repair skills are a plus.
* Must be able to operate hand tools, power tools, gauges, meters, hoists, rigging equipment, torches and measuring equipment to perform service of the unit.
* Ability to exert up to 150 pounds of force (pulling, pushing, lifting, carrying, etc.) regularly and up to 50-75 pounds of force frequently without assistance.
* Ability to climb and work from 8ft ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, twist, grasp to perform essential job functions.
* Ability to tolerate environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dust, and poor ventilation.
* Must be able to operate a commercial vehicle and trailer in a safe manner and adhere to all company safety requirements.
* Must be able to work on-call nights and weekends when assigned.
* Must have ability to effectively communicate with the customer, and work independently under pressure, and without close supervision.
Salary or hourly wage:
* Provide Salary History.
* Open depending on experience.
Email your resume to: